All parents want the best for their babies. Newborn babies, in particular, are very delicate, so you need to make an extra effort to pick the right clothes for them. It is said, always dress the newborn babies in used clothes of older siblings. This is because used clothes are soft on the skin, which can help prevent irritation.
The next option is to search for newborn clothes in soft materials that are gentle on the baby’s skin. It also has to be comfortable enough for the newborns to move freely. This is where rompers for infants are ideal, as they meet both these criteria and are trendy too!
A] What Are Rompers?
Newborn rompers are similar to onesies which are easy to wear and remove. They are also stretchable and allow the skin to breathe. Some of its top features include:
- Make and design: Most newborn clothes, rompers included, are made from cotton. They are soft, durable and pocket-friendly. They do not have any tight elastic on the extremities, so it is comfortable for the infant to wear at all times.
- Organic: Most rompers are made from soft organic cotton. The organic nature of the material makes the cloth rash free and allows airflow.
- Gender-neutral: Rompers are made in various varieties and colours. It is a gender-neutral outfit that any kid can wear. Millennial parents and kids these days love to experiment with colours, irrespective of the baby’s gender. This makes rompers the first choice of clothing for infants.
- Easy access: It can have buttons throughout the dress or zip, making it easy to wear and remove. It can also have buttons at the bottom, making them convenient for diaper changes. Plus, there is no need to lift the baby to remove the clothing. All you need to do is pull the romper down instead of over the head.
B] Reason to Select Rompers Over Other Clothing for Infants
- Easy to select: It is a one-piece outfit. It is easy to select as there is no hassle matching the top and bottom.
- Most comfortable: Infants have sensitive skin. They become uncomfortable with heavy clothing. Thus, it is wise to use clothing that is light and comfortable. Rompers are soft, made of cotton and delicate on the skin. Cotton baby rompers prevent rash, and most rompers are free from tight elastic. They also have enough room for an infant to move his arms and legs.
- Time-saving: Making your babies wear rompers is less time-consuming. There is no need to lift the baby and dress him. Any parent can single-handed make the baby wear a romper. You can manage to put a romper on the baby even if the baby is kicking and moving. Just place the baby on the romper and fasten all the push buttons or zippers. Even while changing the diaper, you do not need to remove the whole romper. Just unbutton the hip area, change the diaper and button-up.
- Economic: There is no need to buy 2 different clothing, pants and a shirt. This one piece of clothing is enough, which helps save your money.
- Long-lasting: Babies grow very fast. Every few weeks they need new clothes. Few rompers come with adjustable buttons, which helps you to use them even after the baby outgrows the original size. A romper without sleeves or legs can last even longer.
- Gender-neutral: Rompers are gender-neutral, so both a girl and boy can wear them. They can also be passed on to the next sibling in the family, irrespective of gender. It is the best option for an infant when you are unaware of their preferences.
- Reduce laundry load: You need to wash just one romper instead of several pairs of pants and t-shirts or skirts and shirts. It is easy to wash, dry and wear again. Rompers are lightweight, easy to wash in a machine and clean. Premium quality rompers also do not fade or deteriorate after a few washes, making them durable.
C] Different Types of Rompers For Babies
- Rompers without sleeves: These rompers are either full-length or thigh-length but do not have a sleeve. They are easy to wear & remove and best for summers and humid climates.
- Rompers with full sleeves: In autumn and winter, rompers with full sleeves can help keep the baby warm and cosy. They can also be worn at night to avoid any mosquito bites.
- Rompers with full-length legs: Full-length rompers are best when the baby starts crawling. It helps avoid injury or pigmentation on the knees while the baby crawls.
- Half-length rompers: Half-length rompers have legs till the thighs. They can be with sleeves or without sleeves and are best when you take the baby for an outing or during travels.
- Loose rompers: Loose rompers are baggy rompers ideal for the summer season or if the baby has sensitive skin.
- Rompers with side buttons: Rompers with side buttons look very trendy. It is ideal for infants who do not make much of a fuss when changing clothes.
- Rompers with front buttons: Rompers with front buttons are perfect for a hyperactive kid.